In challenging times Finance becomes more of a focus, in fact it should be all the time, not just when times change!
This two day workshop explores the typical roles and responsibilities of executive, operational and first line managers and considers how, where and when a more strategic financial and forward thinking management style could deliver improved team and personal performance across the short, medium and longer terms.
By the end of this course participants will be better able to:
- Understand profit & loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flow statements and operating budgets.
- Distinguish between different cost systems and know how to apply this knowledge to get results.
- Understand all elements of the budgeting process and budget successfully.
- Develop strategies for controlling spends in line with budget forecast.
- Be able to use break-even analysis.
- Analyse and interpret financial statements and make correct investment decisions.
- Source finance (find the right amount of money from the right place at the right time.)
- Appreciate and make the right financial decisions for yourself and your company’s future.
- Understand and correctly use Revenue and Capital Expenditure, Gearing, Liquidity and Profitability.