The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.
Whether you are selling, buying, account managing or simply trying to get through a day’s work with your colleagues – you are almost certain to spend some time negotiating.
All transactions where the terms being set are variable has the potential to require negotiation, however having the skill to negotiate is not a skill everyone possesses naturally and you can now learn how to:
- Understand the Process of Negotiation: the value of negotiating
- Demonstrate how negotiating differs from selling
- Learn robust processes for preparing and planning your pitch, appreciate the importance of give and take
- Cope with and use psychological pressure.
- Make and obtain concessions, discover the other side’s strengths and weaknesses and make deadlines work for you.
Plan a strategy for negotiating with different people
- Pursue ‘win-win’ outcomes whilst retaining flexibility
- Comprehend the other persons needs and motivation
- Close a negotiation and develop a long term relationship
- Prepare the scene for future negotiation