“The problem is not the problem: the problem is your attitude about the problem.
“A clever person solves a problem: A wise person avoids it”
This course covers problem-solving and decision making methodology, providing practical guidance using case studies to ensure that the skills learned can be immediately transferred to the workplace.
This workshop is suitable anyone who is involved in ensuring that business processes run smoothly by identifying and resolving multi and cross functional problems by learning to:
- Apply a six-stage problem-solving model for an organised approach to a problem.
- Use problem-solving and creative thinking techniques to improve your ability to define objectives, solutions and key areas of concern.
- Generate and analyse data to ascertain hypotheses, cost benefit, value, ratio trends, probability and risk.
- Make more effective use of your creative thinking skills to exploit external and internal information resources for potentially effective solutions.
- Exploit the skills and experience of staff for a wider appreciation of the problem and lead brainstorming sessions for cross-fertilization of ideas, choices and judgement.
- Gain commitment and harness available skills and talents to assist with solution implementation.